搜索
400-850-6500
备考攻略

2018年托福口语:美剧里最常说的20句俚语

2018.09.01
452浏览
留学热线: 400-850-6500

  美国的大学在录取工作中越来越看重托福成绩,尤其在2012年不少美国大学提高了对国际生的托福录取标准,托福录取分数线上调幅度大概在10分左右,比如凯斯西储大学(Top38)由2011年的80分上调至2012年的90分。俄亥俄州立大学由2011年的71分上调至2012年的79分。这一现象在高端名校中更为严重,综合排名Top20的埃默里大学甚至建议学生考取托福100分以上。中国大学生去纽约、伦敦、香港的大学留学,托福成绩都是被申请学校认可的。今天小编为大家准备了托福学习经验,希望能够对你有所帮助,顺利通过2018年的托福考试,早日实现自己的留学梦!


南京托福培训, TOEFL口语, TOEFL课程, TOEFL听力


  简单熟悉的词组合起来却能表达新的意思。尝试用它们造个句吧!

  1. 24/7

  一天二十四小时;一周七天;一直;持续地

  My little sister irritates me 24/7!

  我的小妹妹整天都在惹我生气!

  2. A short fuse

  急性子

  Jamie is known for his short fuse; just a few days ago he screamed at his coach for not letting him play.

  杰米真是个急性子;几天前他就跟教练嚷嚷着说不要让他上场了。

  3. A taste of your own medicine

  如果对别人坏,那么自己理所当然地也要尝尝相同的滋味

  After constantly being prank-called, Julian decided to give Juan a taste of his own medicine and ordered twenty-seven pizzas to be delivered to Juan’s house.

  在多次被捉弄后,朱利安决定也要让胡安尝尝同样的滋味,就订了27块披萨送到胡安的家里。

  4. Butterflies in my stomach

  紧张的

  Liam had butterflies in his stomach before he went on stage to play the violin.

  利亚姆在上台演奏小提琴时非常紧张。

  5. By the skin of your teeth

  勉强做成某事

  Lester made the dance team by the skin of his teeth; you can tell he hasn't been dancing jazz for very long.

  莱斯特勉强组成了舞蹈队;你可以看出来他已经好久没跳爵士了。

  6. Cat got your tongue?

  怎么不说话了?(通常说出来是为了让对方难堪)

  I just saw you kissing my boyfriend. What’s the matter? Cat got your tongue?

  我刚才看见你亲了我男朋友。怎么回事?你怎么不吭声了?

  7. Crying wolf

  假意求救

  You have cried wolf so many times that no one believes you when you're really hurt.

  你已经玩了这么多次“狼来了”的把戏,没人会相信你是真的受伤了。

  8. Cut someone some slack

  放某人一马

  Hey. Cut me some slack. I was really busy with my frog hunting business last week and forgot to call. I'm sorry!

  嘿,放我一马吧。上个星期我真的是忙着捉青蛙了,忘了给你打电话。对不起嘛!

  9. Down for the count

  疲劳的;放弃;不愿再参与

  No, you can’t take my dog for a walk – she’s down for the count after chasing cats all day.

  不,你不能遛我的狗。——她追了那几只猫一天,已经累坏了。

  10. In the fast lane

  繁忙刺激的人生

  When Curtis turned forty, he decided he needed to live life in the fast lane, so he quit his job as a dentist and decided to tour Europe by motorcycle.

  当柯蒂斯四十岁的时候,他决心过刺激的人生,所以他辞去了牙医的工作,决定骑摩托车环游欧洲。

  11. Draw the line

  停止;判定好坏的分界线

  Now I draw the line at speaking in front of 34,000 people.

  现在我结束了在34000人前的讲话。

  12. Easier said than done

  说起来容易做起来难

  You want me to come to work at 6:00 AM? Easier said than done!

  想让我6点就开工?说得容易!

  13. Every cloud has a silver lining

  困境中总会发现转机

  Even though you just got fired, remember that every cloud has a silver lining – at least you don’t have to work for that grouchy boss anymore!

  即使你被解雇了,你也要记住,柳暗花明又一村。至少你再也不用为那个坏脾气的老板工作了!

  14. Finding a needle in a haystack

  根本找不到

  Trying to get a new job these days is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

  这些天找份新工作真是不可能的事。

  15. Fish out of water

  不得其所,格格不入

  Tom felt like a fish out of water at the Star Trek convention his new girlfriend begged him to attend.

  汤姆的新女友央求他去《星际迷航》的影迷会,这让他感到浑身不自在。

  16. Get something off your chest

  说出困扰了你很久的事;承认你做错了某事

  I have to get this off my chest – I copied your answers on the Redesigned SAT. Thanks for the 15th percentile score, by the way.

  我得承认,在入学考试时我抄了你的答案。顺便感谢你让我进了前15%。

  17. Give it a whirl

  尝试做某事

  I’ve never gone kite-boarding, but I’m prepared to give it a whirl!

  我从没玩过风筝冲浪,但我准备尝试一下!

  18. Go down in flames 在众人面前失败 The football player's career went down in flames after the media learned he'd been losing on purpose to settle gambling debts.

  在被媒体爆出身负赌债后,这名足球选手的事业一落千丈。

  19. Go the extra mile

  加倍努力

  My dentist always goes the extra mile, offering free back massages at the end of a stressful tooth extraction.

  我的牙医总是非常尽心,会在令人紧张的拔牙后给病人按摩。

  20. Hang in there

  有耐心,坚持下去

  I know you're struggling right now in school, but just hang in there. It'll get easier. I promise.

  我知道你现在在学校里的日子不好过,但你要坚持下去。一切都会好起来的,我保证。

  小编会继续更新南京托福培训资讯,希望同学们多加练习,窝哈会和各位考生一起每天进步一点点,2018年托福考试,加油!!!小编会继续更新TOEFL口语,TOEFL听力,TOEFL词汇,TOEFL课程等相关内容。


上一篇:托福独立写作取胜的四个关键点 下一篇:TOEFL考试备考注意事项有哪些?
优留学【www.uliuxue.cn】申明
本网站所收集的部分公开资料来源于互联网,转载的目的在于传递更多信息及用于网络分享,并不代表本站赞同其观点和对其真实性负责,也不构成任何其他建议。本站部分作品是由网友自主投稿和发布、编辑整理上传,对此类作品本站仅提供交流平台,不为其版权负责。如果您发现网站上有侵犯您的知识产权的作品,请与我们取得联系,我们会及时修改或删除。
本网站所提供的信息,只供参考之用。本网站不保证信息的准确性、有效性、及时性和完整性。本网站及其雇员一概毋须以任何方式就任何信息传递或传送的失误、不准确或错误,对用户或任何其他人士负任何直接或间接责任。在法律允许的范围内,本网站在此声明,不承担用户或任何人士就使用或未能使用本网站所提供的信息或任何链接所引。
专家答疑
留学疑问在线答疑
留学评估
专家主动与您联系
在线报名
出国留学在线申请
预约面谈
在线预约留学顾问
远程签约
在线签约省时省力